RE: Repotting Sarrs?

From: Tom Massey (massey@hal.fmhi.usf.edu)
Date: Wed Jun 17 1998 - 19:53:37 PDT

Date: Wed, 17 Jun 1998 22:53:37 -0400
From: Tom Massey <massey@hal.fmhi.usf.edu>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: RE: Repotting Sarrs?

-----Original Message-----
Somehow I've had the mistaken impression that all cp grow best in
shallow dwarf pots. I now know that larger sarrs should be in deeper
pots. Unfortunately, I planted all my new plants this spring together in a
shallow container (S. leuco, minor, rubra, purp, some vfts and drosera).
None of the taller sarrs seem to be doing well, but that may be due to low
light levels while I had them in the house.
Can I (carefully) transplant them all to a deeper container now or should I
wait till next spring?
John Green

[Tom Massey] Sarrs. typically respond to replanting with a flush of new
growth. In spirng thats a good thing and in fall that can be a real
probelm. This time of year should be no problem as long as ytou watch for
water stress.

Tom in Fl.