HELP!! Heating a Terrarium

From: CJ (u1001126@warwick.net)
Date: Fri Jun 19 1998 - 01:16:41 PDT

Date: Fri, 19 Jun 1998 04:16:41 -0400
From: CJ <u1001126@warwick.net>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: HELP!! Heating a Terrarium

Dear Fellow CPers,

Just got my greedy little hands on two Nepenthes, a bicalcarata, and a
x"Holland Hybrid". These are both lowlanders needing heat and lots of
it. I bought a heating pad which goes under the tank but so far it seems
to do absolutely NOTHING! The thermometer hasn't budged even though the
heating pad seems somewhat warm. It has not, however, raised the
temperature to, "85F to 90F" with 2 inches of medium in the tank (95F to
100F with 1 inch of medium) as promised on the label. The temperature
stays at a dismal 70F and nothing more. I need to find something that
actually works--and fast! Any suggestions would be helpful. If you can't
tell, I'm new at this :)

Thanks!
Jason Ashley