Snowdon Lily (off topic)

From: Nigel Hurneyman (nhurneyman@onemeaning.com)
Date: Fri Jun 26 1998 - 01:38:37 PDT

Date: Fri, 26 Jun 1998 09:38:37 +0100
From: "Nigel Hurneyman" <nhurneyman@onemeaning.com>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: Snowdon Lily (off topic)

Using Phil Wilson's almost instantaneous stratification method, I have
persuaded some Lloydia serotina seed to germinate. Regarding post-natal
care, my book on alpines basically says don't bother, it's almost
impossible to grow in cultivation. But cultivating plants that many
regard as impossible is the speciality of people on this listserver!
The plant supposedly grows in high alpine water-meadows - in the UK it
is only found on Mount Snowdon, hence the name. Does anyone know
whether it grows in association with any carnivores such as Pinguicula
spp? If so, I can give it the same treatment with a reasonable chance
of success.

Thanks, NigelH