Sarracenia Hoods Dying

From: Jason Ashley (jasona@warwick.net)
Date: Sun Jun 28 1998 - 23:53:35 PDT

Date: Mon, 29 Jun 1998 02:53:35 -0400
From: Jason Ashley <jasona@warwick.net>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: Sarracenia Hoods Dying

Dear all,

Just about everything in my little patio bog is happy except my
Sarracenia. What I'm seeing happen is the tops of the hoods are turning
brown, drying up, and then flaking off. The tops turn brown, not black.
I'm also seeing holes in the sides of the pitchers but I don't know if
these are related. There doesn't seem to be any sign of bugs and the
pitchers are all so small (4"/10cm maximum) that they can't swallow
anything big enough to do this kind of damage. To be safe I sprayed them
with Spectracide fungicide but want to know just what it is that's doing
this. Any thoughts much appreciated. Thanks!

Jason Ashley,
Warwick, NY.