Fw: Sarracenia excellens question

From: Mark Pogany (markp@en.com)
Date: Mon Jun 29 1998 - 21:37:59 PDT

Date: Tue, 30 Jun 1998 00:37:59 -0400
From: "Mark Pogany" <markp@en.com>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: Fw: Sarracenia excellens question

-----Original Message-----
To: CP Digest <cp@opus.hpl.hp.com>

I have two large pots containing a couple big clumps of S. excellens. I
originally received these last winter during their dormant period.

The plants have long since put out flowers that are presently working on
seed pod development. My problem is the pitchers. All I am getting right now
out of my plants are a ton of phyllodia-like leaves, tall and spindly with
white mottled tube openings.

Does this hybrid put out crops of well-formed pitchers throughout the
growing season or wait for late summer? Should I be changing anything as far
as cultural requirements? The large pots are in my front yard , planted in
50/50 peat-sand, and receive 5-7 hours of direct sunlight.

Oh, by the way, I have a new email address as of last week. It is :
markp@en.com. My old one, markp@crscms.com no longer works.

Thanks!

Mark Pogany
Cleveland, Ohio