Suggestions for backyard bog.

From: Matt Stetson (spectre@evcom.net)
Date: Thu Jul 09 1998 - 23:15:11 PDT

Date: Thu, 9 Jul 1998 23:15:11 -0700
From: "Matt Stetson" <spectre@evcom.net>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: Suggestions for backyard bog.

Hi!

        I'm a newbie to both the list and CP's in general. I have two (I
think) simple questions. First, I am in the process of building my first
backyard bog. I live in Florida and am looking for design possibilities.
Someone I spoke with once thought that digging a 6" hole and dropping a
plastic liner before throwing the soil back in the hole would be a great way
of making the bog. Is this a good idea? Better ideas out there? Also,
being in Florida, I would prefer easier species of plants that are possibly
native to the tropics/sub-tropics and perhaps even Florida (remember, these
have to be easier plants to raise. I don't want the deaths of a bog full of
innocent CP's on my hands). =) Thanks in advance for your input! Happy
feeding! <crunch crunch munch munch>