Savage Garden + Drosera binata

From: Elliot Smith (e.smith@cs.bham.ac.uk)
Date: Thu Jul 16 1998 - 04:11:54 PDT

Date: Thu, 16 Jul 1998 12:11:54 +0100
From: Elliot Smith <e.smith@cs.bham.ac.uk>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: Savage Garden + Drosera binata

A while back, a UK grower on this list asked about The Savage Garden. I
managed to get hold of a copy from Waterstones' mail order; it took
about three weeks to arrive, and costs c. 17.50 GBP inc. P+P. I heartily
recommend it: it is well-structured, clear and concise, and highly
entertaining; plus, it has some gorgeous pictures.

I also have a question about Drosera binata. I bought some seeds a while
back, which were labelled as D. binata; I now have several three-month
old seedlings which are growing well. However, the leaves aren't forked,
but are more paddle-shaped, like D. capensis. Is this normal, or were
the seeds mislabelled? I think the latter may be (unfortunately) the
case.

Thanks.

--
Elliot Smith
School of Computer Science, University of Birmingham