RE: Lauren's VFT

From: Kong, Gary (gkong@mofo.com)
Date: Mon Jul 20 1998 - 10:22:00 PDT

Date: Mon, 20 Jul 1998 10:22:00 -0700
From: "Kong, Gary" <gkong@mofo.com>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: RE: Lauren's VFT

Hi Lauren--

In addition to Mark's response, your VFTs may also be developing side
shoots. I know in my experience, the first leaves to sprout from the
the base of an already growing plant can have no traps. I'm not saying
this is always the case, but on some clones, it seems to happen a lot.
The way you describe your plant, I don't think you're doing anything
wrong, culturally--i.e., it wouldn't be blooming if it was ill. Also,
it seems after plants bloom, and not just VFTs, they seem to want to
branch. Who knows? You may just have yourself a clumping clone.

Gary