Re: '98 Pacific Northwest CP mtg

From: Chris Teichreb (cteichreb@hotmail.com)
Date: Tue Jul 21 1998 - 10:06:32 PDT

Date: Tue, 21 Jul 1998 10:06:32 PDT
From: "Chris Teichreb" <cteichreb@hotmail.com>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: Re: '98 Pacific Northwest CP mtg

Hi David,

   Sounds like the meeting was a great success. Too bad I wasn't able
to make it, although it sounds like you were busy enough with the amount
of people you had. 450! Wow! I wouldn't think there was that many
interested in cp in the area, must be that childhood fascination with
these plants! I agree that I'm surprised more women aren't interested
in cp. While my wife detests my Nepenthes (says they look phallic!) she
loves the sundews. We grow a goldfish bowl (torture chamber for fish!)
with several huge D.capensis! Not only does she like the look of the
sundews, but is appreciative of the fact that they eat all the fruit
flies, fungus gnats, and whatever comes in on the fruit and vegetables
and is flying around the apartment!

   Glad the meeting was a success, and hopefully I'll make it to a
general meeting at some point. Any possibility of there being one in
the fall, or does the club go into dormancy when the plants do ;-)?

Take care and happy growing,

Chris