My terraruim.

From: Trickster (dori@eesrv.ee.bgu.ac.il)
Date: Sat Jul 25 1998 - 08:49:54 PDT

Date: Sat, 25 Jul 1998 18:49:54 +0300 (IDT)
From: Trickster <dori@eesrv.ee.bgu.ac.il>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: My terraruim.

I have finished building a relativly large terrarium about a year ago,
today most of my plants are dead. The only plant that survived was the
sun-dew. I was wondering if anyone could give me a littleinsight on it. I
had VFT and cobra grass planted in a pure peat moss soil. The terrarium is
split in half by a thick glass plate. one half containing the soil and
plants the other full of tap watter , growing aquatic plants. I have 4
fixtures lighting it up at 700 Lumen each and I water the plants with
laser optic distilled water. everything is tempreture controlled by fans
to a reletivly steady 28 C. What am I doing wrong? I had all my plants
flower, including the VFT. I plan on cleaning it out and replanting
everything from scratch. And suggestions anyone? Different soil mixtures?
lighting?

thanks

******
*Dori*