aussie adventures

From: Andy Falshaw (A.Falshaw@irl.cri.nz)
Date: Tue Jan 02 2001 - 12:34:56 PST

Date: Tue, 28 Jul 1998 14:50:22 GMT+1200
From: "Andy Falshaw" <A.Falshaw@irl.cri.nz>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: aussie adventures

I've just got back to nz from 2 weeks in and around sydney. I went
for some short walks in the blue mountains (BM) and royal (RNP)
national parks. In both I saw lots of d. peltata, in the rnp they
were in flower or just coming into flower; in one spot a patch
several feet square covered a rock. I saw a rosette sundew in the
bm, which I took to be d. spathulatha. Any other possibilities??
The rosettes at rnp were more open, and with longer stems.
Would these also probably be d spathulatha? But just looking
different being in a lower and warmer spot?

On the non-plant side - Jacko, where were you? I needed someone on
snake patrol. I nearly or actually trod on a snake in the rnp; I
just recall seeing it out of the corner of my eye as I jumped away
gibbering. also saw an echidna, lots of other flowers and birds.
Once i'd stopped shaking......

Andy