RE: VFT dormancy/ moss

From: Semanchuk, Phil J (pjs20347@glaxowellcome.com)
Date: Thu Jul 30 1998 - 06:29:30 PDT

Date: Thu, 30 Jul 1998 09:29:30 -0400
From: "Semanchuk, Phil J" <pjs20347@glaxowellcome.com>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: RE: VFT dormancy/ moss

> When VFTs go into a dormant period, how long would
> one expect it to last.

Dormancy is triggered by reduced light & water levels and lower
temparatures. Dormancy may reasonably be expected to continue as long as
these conditions persist. Here in the NC piedmont (probably within the
historical range of VFTs), dormancy lasts for about 5 months.

> Also, if I am going to repot them, when should I
> repot, during dormancy or any other time?

I repot mine just before they break dormancy, although I think any time
would work.

Good growing,
Philip
URL du Jour: http://www.mammoth.com/mammoth/bands/snz/