Re: Tuberous Sundew Question

From: L235@aol.com
Date: Mon Aug 03 1998 - 07:06:36 PDT

Date: Mon, 3 Aug 1998 10:06:36 EDT
From: L235@aol.com
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: Re: Tuberous Sundew Question

> Hi Mark,
> In answer to your question re. why your D. peltatat and auriculata
> re growing and dying back at the same time in the same pot... They do
> that. They do not require a dry dormancy at all. I leave mine in water
> year round and there are growing ones in there most of the time. Don't
> worry, it is normal. They are preparing now to take over your world so be
> careful. Soon you will find little seedlings all over the place. Enjoy
> them.
> Best wishes
> Andrew

OK, Andrew ... related question for ya <smile>:

Oh, and thanks for answering Mark's question, by the way .. I've got D.
auriculata doing the same thing .... and I've left them all dry (will have to
go home and water them tonight ... poor things).

Anyway, I grow my D. auriculata in a community pot with D. ramellosa and D.
whittakeri. Wondering if I need to remove the D. ramellosa (will wet
conditions the dormant tuber). Also having similar (to the D. auriculata)
issues with my D. whittakeri. The plant went dormant, but then almost
immediately sent up two additional rosettes. They are also sitting in the
same pot, under the same (dry) conditions.

What should I do?

(careful, Andrew .. if you're too helpful I'll start pestering you with all
sorts of D. cistiflora questions <smile>)

Jay Lechtman (L235@aol.com)
Ashburn, VA, USA