Introduction

From: Acj3a@aol.com
Date: Mon Aug 03 1998 - 11:51:48 PDT

Date: Mon, 3 Aug 1998 14:51:48 EDT
From: Acj3a@aol.com
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: Introduction

Hi,

My name is Art Junier. A few of you already know me. I got into cp's a little
over 3 years ago when a friend gave me a tiny piece of S. purpurea venosa. Up
to that point I had (and still do) been growing orchids, aquatic plants and
various other plants for over 20 years. I've also been raising and breeding
various tropical fish for over 30 years now. My latest being Discus.
Although I did grow Ibicella lutea as a kid for theier seed pods not knowing
it's carnivorous nature which I found out by reading Peter's book (excellent
job Peter). The cps that I grow are: Cephalotus, 4 forms of Dionaea, 25+
species of Drosera, Drosophyllum, Genlesea, 5 Heli species (1 hybrid), 30
Nepenthes species, 7 Nep hybrids, 7 species of Pinguicula, 44+ Sarracenia
varieties (species), 11 Sarracenia hybrids, and 8 Utricularia species. My
collection contains well over 1,000 plants, probably closer to 2,000. :) You
could say I've become a carnivorous plant compulsive. I thought about getting
help. But cps are way too much fun.

Currently I am very interested in Sarracenia and Pinguicula hybrids (species
too). I've started making some of my own crosses this year.

I live in Aptos, CA. If anyone out there that lives in this area contact me
if you want to get together to discuss cps, swap experiences, or to show off
each others collection. As always I'm always looking for people to trade
with especially for Sarracenia (my favorite cp of all, well maybe neps too,

regards,
Art