Re: HELP! I have a CP eating cat!!

From: Rick Walker (walker@cutter.hpl.hp.com)
Date: Wed Aug 05 1998 - 14:51:54 PDT

Date: Wed, 05 Aug 1998 14:51:54 -0700
From: Rick Walker <walker@cutter.hpl.hp.com>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: Re: HELP! I have a CP eating cat!!

Joe Mawer writes:
> I am deperate - my wife's cat is eating my VFTs. She has eaten the traps
> off of one and seems to be ready to start on the other. Is there
> anything I can do to stop this (short of killing the cat - my wife would
> kill me for that one!) or atleast deter the cat from eating anymore of
> my VFTs.

Hmmm.

VFT kills Fly, Cat kills VFT, Joe kills Cat, Wife kills Joe, ...

Reminds me of the children's song: "I don't know why she swallowed the fly,
I guess she'll die...". It doesn't sound like a very productive approach.

You might try chili powder on the surface of the soil. Cat's and
squirrels don't like that very much. Another idea would be to grow some
green plants specfically for your cat to eat. Whole Wheat Berries from
your organic market will sprout well and grow like grass in a flat of
soil. Cat's love nibbling on the leaves. By eating your houseplants,
your cat may be letting you know about some dietary problem.

Finally, consider putting your VFT in an aquarium or using a wire cage to
keep the plant inaccessible.

--
Rick Walker