Rooting Nepenthes in water

From: Ryan Dickerson (ocph@teleport.com)
Date: Fri Aug 07 1998 - 13:07:16 PDT

Date: Fri, 7 Aug 1998 13:07:16 -0700
From: "Ryan Dickerson" <ocph@teleport.com>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: Rooting Nepenthes in water

To all-

     I was recently reading a brief note on rooting Nepenthes in water in a
back issue of CPN. I am interested in this procedure and would like to get
more information. I encourage postings from whoever has experience (good or
bad) on this matter. I am interested in success rate among Nepenthes in
general, along with individual species. Perhaps a list could be generated,
if there is enough information, of species that are either easy or
difficult to root in water. I am also curious about the use of superthrive
and or fertilizer in the water.

Any information and or opinions would be helpful and appreciated.

-Ryan-
Salem, Oregon