Botanical garden Edinburgh

From: Jaap Noordeloos (Jaap@cable.a2000.nl)
Date: Mon Aug 10 1998 - 02:54:46 PDT

Date: Mon, 10 Aug 1998 11:54:46 +0200
From: Jaap Noordeloos <Jaap@cable.a2000.nl>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: Botanical garden Edinburgh

Hi CP-lovers,

2 weeks ago I went to the botanical garden of Edinburgh, in Scotland, to
look if they have CP's. Well, the answer was defenetly yes!. They grow
their CP's in a greenhouse rihgt behind a new big greenhouse that's
called the "greenhouse experience". The CP's they are growing are for
the most Sarracenia's, including wonderfull hybrids. Further there are
a few 'normal' Drosera's like capensis and binata. One plant was very
beautifull, a very huge Heliamphora nutans! They can be proud they have
a plant like this big one. I wonder why they didn't have any
Pinguicula's?

There are other beautifull plants of course, their rockgarden for
example.

Well, if you have a few hours to spend in Edinburgh, you must go to this
beauifull garden.

Good growing,

Wouter Noordeloos