Cephalotus

From: JWi5770869@aol.com
Date: Wed Sep 02 1998 - 11:08:28 PDT

Date: Wed, 2 Sep 1998 14:08:28 EDT
From: JWi5770869@aol.com
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: Cephalotus

Dear all,

Digest 1556 you wrote (about Cephalotus):

>The clone that I received from
Charles is quite impressive in size and color (although Charles claims
these are not from the "giant" form, they're quite large and colorful. )

I've heard something similiar before about Cephalotus clones/varieties but had
always put it down to a 'CP Urban Myth'.

1)Do different varieties of Cephalotus exist?

2)If so ,how? (bearing in mind that the plant comes from the same area)

3)How many different varieties are there and what are they?

>Are self-pollinated Cephalotus seeds fertile? Loads of seeds have been
produced but I don't know whether I should bother harvesting them or not.

I too would be very interested in this as I currently have a Cephalotus in
flower.Trouble with mine is that, on commencement of flowering, the handsome
plant that I had, started to die back.I put this down to too much watering but
it continued to die back after I altered its regime.
I now have a flowering stalk,one pitcher and one leaf!!!!!

Will my plant return?
Is it the flowering that has affected it?

Has anybody studied this plant in the wild?

All the best,

John Wilden
Southport,Lancs
UK.