CP Mail Order

From: Kit6pww@aol.com
Date: Wed Sep 02 1998 - 16:34:33 PDT

Date: Wed, 2 Sep 1998 19:34:33 EDT
From: Kit6pww@aol.com
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: CP Mail Order

Hello CP friends!

As of late I have been using mail order services to obtain some of my plants.
I have only dealt with a few people, but I must, without a doubt, laud Thomas
Hayes for his excellent service and quality of stock. Here I will list the
excellent ways in which he has dealt with me and my order:

1. He is responsive (sharp as a tack) to any questions I have about
availability of stock, shipment/payment options, and putting the whole thing
together. I feel like we were a team working on this thing together. And he
got back to me real fast (within a day, sometimes hours, over the e-mail), to
be sure things were agreed on and set.

2. When he forsaw a delay in shipment - needed to be out of town a few days,
or that he only shipped on certain days - he let me know immediately. I know
he has been very busy with relocation details lately, yet he kept me appraised
of everything, and what I could expect, in a very prompt manner.

3. The quality of the stock he sent me was superb, clean, and beautifully
packed to insure that the plants had suffered the least amount of shock. Just
imagine shipping Drosera prolifera and schizandra from Pennsylvania to
California. These are some of the most delicate CP's around! Sometimes I
think just looking at them the wrong way will make them give up their lives.
Tom sent them to me overnight mail, and pitched in part of the shipping costs
because we were dealing with Queensland Tropicals, and he wanted to be sure
things would be just right. would never request or expect anybody to go
that far for me, unless I were some kind of prima donna (the nice way of
saying it) which I most certainly try not to be. Well, they look great!

4. Tom Hayes coordinated with me as to when he was shipping the order to be
sure I (or some responsible) would be there to sign for the item. He let me
know exactly when he shipped my order, and when I should expect to receive it
in my hands (right up to the hour).

5. Now, if that weren't already enough, Tom doesn't just take my money and
run. He is there for me when I have any questions or problems with the plants
- I can contact him anytime with any questions, and to help me out, he also
enclosed a CP care sheet with the order.

Now, I am not used to this type of service; in fact, I'm fairly easy-going
about accepting just mediocre conduct from sales people. I just about fell
off my seat when I started receiving such attentiveness from Tom, and it's not
like we even know each other personally.

Given his fine prices, excellent stock, and way-out-of-this-universe service,
it would be a shame not to deal with Thomas Hayes if he has something you are
looking for.
(Disclaimer: I am not claiming that no one else does business like Tom, since
I haven't dealt with alot of people through the mail service - but anyone like
Tom, including Tom, should be getting your business).

Most sincerely impressed,

Debra Blanke