Adrian Slack's cultivars

From: SCHLAUER@chemie.uni-wuerzburg.de
Date: Tue Sep 15 1998 - 18:23:11 PDT

Date:          Tue, 15 Sep 1998 18:23:11
From: SCHLAUER@chemie.uni-wuerzburg.de
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject:       Adrian Slack's cultivars

Dear listeners,

Adrian Slack mentioned a number of cultivars in his books. These
plants were described at various levels of detail, and the names
of quite a few of them may be registered. We (ICPS, the -now
official- IRA for cultivated carnivorous plants) have the necessary
data or will receive such for most of these names in the near future
from Marston Exotics, formerly Adrian Slack's nursery.

However, of some plants it is not certain if they exist in
cultivation any more.

Perhaps someone on this list has plants under one of the following
names:

_Sarracenia_ 'Marston Dwarf'
_S._ 'Marston Mill' (What is this plant? There is no description
                         in A. Slack's books)
_Drosera_ 'Plains Form' (NB: the word "form" must be omitted from the
                         prospective cultivar name)
_Pinguicula_ 'Hameln'
_P._ 'Mitla'
_P._ 'Sethos'
_P._ 'Tina'
_P._ 'Vera Cruz' (or 'Veracruz')

I would like to ask anyone who has one or several of these plants to
contact me personally (schlauer@chemie.uni-wuerzburg.de) or via reply
to this list.

Thank you very much in advance for your co-operation.
Kind regards
Jan