Jay came to visit

From: Randall Palmer (sfdzeqe0@scfn.thpl.lib.fl.us)
Date: Wed Sep 16 1998 - 10:29:01 PDT

Date: Wed, 16 Sep 1998 13:29:01 -0400 (EDT)
From: Randall Palmer <sfdzeqe0@scfn.thpl.lib.fl.us>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: Jay came to visit

The plants at the meeting were all at least 3 years old. The S. purparea
if you remember, were green with a red vein on green feather top. They
started out many moons ago red. The bog has in it a Parrot pitcher, S.
flava and purparea. The same bog Chelsie Vandaveer put togeather as a
topic of discussion for one of our meetings 3 years ago. I wish I could
say that the plants in it were original. The young 24 in. S. leuco
picture, you also saw, was neat. Saracenia treated with a baking soda
water do last longer, in one spot. I, 1/2 the time have trouble with my
purparea after they flower anyway.
The meeting was The Tampa Bay Carnivorous Club last Wed. night.
Most of my other plants, I don't treat this way, once you start it is hard
to stop.
Randy Palmer
sfdzeqe0@scfn.thpl.lib.fl.us