Re:P. gypsicola

From: Jaap Noordeloos (Jaap@cable.a2000.nl)
Date: Thu Sep 17 1998 - 13:39:30 PDT

Date: Thu, 17 Sep 1998 22:39:30 +0200
From: Jaap Noordeloos <Jaap@cable.a2000.nl>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: Re:P. gypsicola

> I have a mature, flowering specimen (thanks to Bill McLaughlin) of P.
> gypsicola. It got a bit too dry while I was away on business, and I've found
> that it is beginning to go dormant (none of my other heterophyllous
> Pinguiculas are, however).
>
> Should I keep it wet and hope to prolong its growth season to better time with
> the others? or give up and let it go dry ... and hope for the best in the
> Spring?
>
> All replies (public or private) appreciated greatly ... don't want to lose
> this one!
>
> Jay Lechtman (L235@aol.com)
> Ashburn, VA, USA

Hi Nigel and other CP-lovers,

One of my Pinguicula gypsicola plants also go into dormant. It doesn't
produce carnivorous leaves, but many tiny, small leaves, very close to
each other. I don't give water to this plant, because it will rot and
die finally. Last summer he produced many flowers so he might not have
the 'energy' to produce new leaves.

Good growing

Wouter Noordeloos