Re: Sarra flowers

From: Rupert G. Goldie (epartg@epa.ericsson.se)
Date: Sun Sep 20 1998 - 21:19:07 PDT

Date: Mon, 21 Sep 1998 14:19:07 +1000
From: "Rupert G. Goldie" <epartg@epa.ericsson.se>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: Re: Sarra flowers

David Armour wrote:
> I have just had my first succesful Sarracenia flower open, and it is very
> satisfying! I am just curious about the size of it though, as the flower
> stalk is about 1.3 to 1.5 feet tall!! The plant is a S.leucoplylla hybrid,
> and the flower is a brilliant red - is that the normal colouring?

I have many Sarr flowers coming up at the moment (I am in Melbourne,
Australia). A S. Leucophylla in my greenhouse has five deep red flowers,
most of which have opened. The stalks are about the same height as yours.
None of the flowers which are outside have opened yet.

--
Rupert G. Goldie, Senior Software Engineer        Rupert.Goldie@ericsson.com
Advanced Service Applications Centre, Ericsson Australia