September issue of CPN

From: Barry Meyers-Rice (bamrice@ucdavis.edu)
Date: Tue Sep 22 1998 - 09:14:01 PDT

Date: Tue, 22 Sep 1998 09:14:01 -0700 (PDT)
From: Barry Meyers-Rice <bamrice@ucdavis.edu>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: September issue of CPN

> Issue 27:3 wasn't mailed from Kandid Litho until 9 September, about 8 days
> later than our target date, but still not bad! I got my issue Saturday,
> September 19.
>
> In general I am pleased with the issue, although the printing seems a
> little faint. Furthermore, I seem to have overlooked a few nonascii
> characters which did not survive the translation from MS Word to Kandid
> Litho correctly. Arrgh! But anyway, another good issue completed!

Etc Etc Etc....

Sorry about the previous email, all. This was a misdirected announcement
that I meant to send to ICPS/CPN officers and editors.

Boy is my face red!

But now that I mentioned it accidentally, yes the September issue of CPN
was mailed on September 9 (how long has it been since CPN was really on
time, eh?) so given the time delay from mail, our US members should be
getting their issues very soon and international members shortly after
that.

Please notice there is a 4-digit number after your name on the envelope
that CPN came in. This is your membership number. It is helpful (although
not essential) in speeding the processing of your vote for the ICPS
elections. Return ballots must be postmarked by 15 October. Please take
the time to vote---your input is important for directing the ICPS.

Cheers!

Barry

Dr. Barry A. Meyers-Rice
Carnivorous Plant Newsletter