Sarracenia problems

From: Adao Pereira (miguelporto@mail.telepac.pt)
Date: Sun Sep 27 1998 - 06:06:12 PDT

Date: Sun, 27 Sep 1998 14:06:12 +0100
From: "Adao Pereira" <miguelporto@mail.telepac.pt>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: Sarracenia problems

Hi, list!

I noticed that one of my Sarrs (an hybrid - maybe purpurea x leucophylla)
is starting to show an illness (?) which some time ago killed my S.
purpurea: in the oldest leaves, small black and translucent dots appear and
spread, destroying the leaves. This thing spreads to the whole plant and
sooner or later, it dies (the leaves dry). It seems that the leaves are
being eaten by inside (like those caterpillars which feed inbetween the two
pages of a leaf). The strange thing is that all my other Sarrs are healthy
(none of them is S. purpurea). What I want to say is that it seems that
this disease only attacks purpureas and their hybrids.
Can anyone help me? Has anyone seen this on their Sarrs? Is there anything
I can do, or I'm gonna lose this Sarr. like the other?

Any help would be appreciated.

Good growing,
Miguel