Re:N. sanguinea

From: Richard Brown (esoft@ix.netcom.com)
Date: Tue Sep 29 1998 - 19:05:53 PDT

Date: Tue, 29 Sep 1998 22:05:53 -0400
From: "Richard Brown" <esoft@ix.netcom.com>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: Re:N. sanguinea

----------
Addressing Brandon's reluctant N sanguinea.

Very high humidity is good. 80+ F temperature is not so good. If you give
this species day temps in the 80's, then give it night temps down into the
lower 60's F. Ideal temps are about 80 F as a day high and 50 - 55 as a
night low. N. sanguinea is a tough species. Mine is subjected to temps as
high as 95F during the day, and a low of 80 F at night! Not recommended, but
survivable, for a couple of months. I get pitchers in the winter when I have
night temps down into the 60's F. Do not pull the plant out of the pot while
heat stressed. If the root system is minimal, don't worry too much. Reduce
the relative humidity and they'll grow more roots (don't reduce humidity too
much, especially when the plant is heat stressed).

Good growing,

Trent Meeks
Pompano Beach, Florida