Re: "Death trap"-problems.

From: Phil Wilson (cp@pwilson.demon.co.uk)
Date: Tue Sep 29 1998 - 13:37:56 PDT

Date: Tue, 29 Sep 1998 21:37:56 +0100
From: Phil Wilson <cp@pwilson.demon.co.uk>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: Re: "Death trap"-problems.

In message <000601bdebcf$b0340a00$199107c2@default>, VERDYCK Marc
<VERDYCK.Marc@village.uunet.be> writes
>Hello everyone,
>
>This message is concerning a little "movie" problem. Not so long ago someone
>on the list published the adress where you could buy the video-movie :
>"Death trap". So I bought myself this beautiful movie on the internet (I've
>seen it a few years ago) at Shanachie Records Corp. in Newton, America.
>Yesterday the video arrived at my home in Belgium. There seems to be a
>little problem. Although the video is recorded in Color/Real
>time/SP-mode/VHS it seems I can't play it! In Belgium-Europe we also have
>the VHS standard. I can see the tape is running but I only get black and
>white snowy stripes. I already tried to adjust it in every way possible. The
>only way I can see something is on the tape is when I push the button "fast
>forward". Then I can see some pictures in black and white. I this normal?
>Can someone help me out here? Are there other differences between
>American-European VHS? All my other video-films run perfectly so I'm sure
>there's nothing with my video-player.

American TV (and so Video) run on the NTSC standard. Here in the UK we
have a different standard called PAL. I'm fairly certain that Europe has
yet another standard. I'm not sure what the differences are but one may
be the difference between the video and the audio channels. If you hunt
around various TV and video stores you may well find someone who will
convert the tape for you. I know such places exist here.

Hope this helps.

--
Phil Wilson