Re: _U.olivacea_

From: SCHLAUER@chemie.uni-wuerzburg.de
Date: Thu Oct 01 1998 - 17:41:20 PDT

Date:          Thu, 1 Oct 1998 17:41:20
From: SCHLAUER@chemie.uni-wuerzburg.de
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject:       Re: _U.olivacea_

Dear listeners,

> that is even smaller: U.biovularioides. I've found this rare species a
> few times in Brazil and have written an article on it for CPN (I think
> it was in one of the 1997 issues).

Editor's note: It was definitely *not* in CPN 1997. We do *not* have a
manuscript (or even an illustration) in our hands dealing with _U.
biovularioides_. (JS)

> This was the species (and not U.olivacea) that Peter Taylor referred to
> as the smallest angiosperm in the world in terms of weight

It was Don Schnell (Carniv. Pl. of US & Can., and not Peter Taylor)
who referred to _U. olivacea_ (and not _U. biovularioides_ that does
not occur as far in the N; even the status of _U. b._ was at least
unclear when Don Schnell wrote it).

Kind regards
Jan