Dormancy in VFTs

From: Joe Mawer (fuzzy96@webtv.net)
Date: Tue Oct 06 1998 - 20:11:21 PDT

Date: Tue, 6 Oct 1998 23:11:21 -0400 (EDT)
From: fuzzy96@webtv.net (Joe Mawer)
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: Dormancy in VFTs

Since I didn't get a response before, I'm going to pose this question
again.

I have two VFTs that my wife's cat decided to eat. They both have come
back. One is doing well with two traps (was three - the cat struck
again) and the other is really small - two leaves and two small immature
traps. They both grew flower spikes but we clipped them off so the
plants would get the nutrients. Now the question - should I let the
little one go into normal dormancy or should I force it and let it grow
bigger first?

Thanks,
Joe Mawer

just bite it