RE: Dionaea resuscitation

From: Semanchuk, Phil J (pjs20347@glaxowellcome.com)
Date: Thu Oct 08 1998 - 16:27:07 PDT

Date: Thu, 8 Oct 1998 19:27:07 -0400
From: "Semanchuk, Phil J" <pjs20347@glaxowellcome.com>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: RE: Dionaea resuscitation

> have in hand some flytrap plants that have
> been stored in a closed plastic bag under
> refrigeration for over two years.

Hi Marj,
These are tough little buggers aren't they? There might be enough warmth
left in our fall yet (I live in Durham) to get these plants to grow
enough to survive winter dormancy, esp. if you put them in a greenhouse
and leave them there all winter. You could also leave them in the fridge
on the theory that if they've survived this long they can last another 6
months. Personally I'd be inclined to plant them.

Philip
URL du Jour: http://www.learn2.com/