color and soil

From: FOODBAG@aol.com
Date: Fri Oct 09 1998 - 22:43:25 PDT

Date: Sat, 10 Oct 1998 01:43:25 EDT
From: FOODBAG@aol.com
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: color and soil

  Hi All,

  I would like to echo Cliff Dodd's observation about VFT variation and the
possibility of peat from diferent bags having different results. I had two
brands of peat open at the same time and never paid attention to which I was
using, but I have several VFTs of the typical sort in the same tank, and some
are so red inside that they look almost black and some have just a light tint
of red. It might be just a plant to plant variation. I have seen the same
thing with D. adelae. I have some that have normal green leaves and some that
have very dark purple leaves(very thin too). It would suggest higher light
levels, but again, it happens in the same tank.

  Regards,

  Joe from Nebraska