Re: Leucophyllas

From: Adao Pereira (miguelporto@mail.telepac.pt)
Date: Mon Oct 12 1998 - 08:57:53 PDT

Date: Mon, 12 Oct 1998 16:57:53 +0100
From: "Adao Pereira" <miguelporto@mail.telepac.pt>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: Re:  Leucophyllas

Hello Dave and all,

> Hi! What insects have other people out there seen their S.Leuc's eat?
I'm
> not talking (or writing as the case may be!) about whatever insect
happens
> to end up in a pitcher, I'm talking about mass consumption of the one
type
> of insect.

My S. leuc. has its pitchers full of ordinary ants (those little ones). I
don't remember seeing any other insect species caught by it. What I see is
that S. flava is the most effective Sarr. I have: the pitchers are
completely full (almost up to the mouth!) of all kinds of insects, ants,
house flies, other strange flies, larvas (I don't know how did those larvas
get into there!), etc... I've never seen so many dead insects all together!
I think this is the most effective CP of all!

> will fill up with flies! This year's fly problems inside the house
> -no screens- is, well... non-existent. I should note that I live in

One day I let my VFT closed in a room... When I came back all the traps
were closed, with a house fly inside each one!

Good growing,
Miguel