Identification

From: Ide Laurent (ide@arcadis.be)
Date: Wed Oct 14 1998 - 11:26:12 PDT

Date: Wed, 14 Oct 1998 19:26:12 +0100
From: Ide Laurent <ide@arcadis.be>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: Identification

Dear all,

I just swapped some plants this week-end at the Gent trading fair. Well, my
Byblis were a real success. I don't understand why these easy-to-propagate
plants are so rare in the collections !

Now, I get a Catopsis. Is it enough to spray it with rain water to keep it
alive ?

I brought other plants back with me. Is Drosera 'east cape' an existing name
in taxonomy ?

Better : does anyone know what is 'DROSERA LOVELY' ? It looks like a crossing
between an aliciae and a capillaris, so 1.5 inch diameter, lightly erected
rosette, producing 2-3 flower stalks per plant. These are high (5-6 inches)
looking at the plant, and really prolifics : the half of the stalks drags
about 25 white flowers ! Who will give me another name for this one ?

Byblis : I noticed the plants in the mixes containing less sand are healthier,
because of the quick drying sand, killing the plants if you water them a
little less.

Laurent in Belgium

I'm still looking for :

D. glabripes