Dick Tracey reincarnated.

From: ccp108@juno.com
Date: Sun Oct 25 1998 - 03:45:13 PST

Date: Sun, 25 Oct 1998 06:45:13 -0500
From: ccp108@juno.com
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: Dick Tracey reincarnated.

> It might be coincidence, but the 30" leuco which was in that pot for at
> least 2 summers, that Jay witness at our meeting 2 times ago, had been
> treated with baking soda, oil and soap. The purparea bog with the
green
> pictures also was treated with this basic mixture. I tried to wean
these
> pictures from baking soda to turn them purple again, but sub come to
root rot.

In a limited investigation, the dictionary says baking soda is
bicarbonate of soda, the side of the box says 13% sodium.

 Deduction time.

 Does the salty air and brackish water tables, eliminate the protozoa
that makes venus fly traps root rot, allow them to grow wild? What about
adding 1/2 of a teaspoon of salt to one gallon of diluted oil and soap
in water, also doing away with the basic soda?

Brilliant deduction my dear Watson.
> ccp108, collector of carnivorous plants
>
> PS No guarantees on product yet, has to be taken from the thinking
stage to reality.

or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]