Re: Improper labels

From: ricell@juno.com
Date: Mon Oct 26 1998 - 07:51:24 PST

Date: Mon, 26 Oct 1998 08:51:24 -0700
From: ricell@juno.com
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: Re: Improper labels

>On Mon, 26 Oct 1998, Nicholas Plummer wrote:
>> What is it about the DeRoose nursery that makes them incapable of
>> labeling correctly?

On Mon, 26 Oct 1998 Carl Strohmenger replies:
>I suspect that the cause has to do with the laborers who are working
>at the re-potting facility. They don't know a VFT from a rose, and
>don't care. They just grab the next label in the pile and stick it in
the
>pot. Also, the re-potting company buys or makes up labels by the
>thousands or millions at a time.

I agree wholeheartedly with this. In all fairness, the Nepenthes I have
seen for sale out here are labelled (by Gublers Orchids) "Nepenthes
hybrid", which seems like an appropriate solution. I would still check
the pot carefully to make sure there is not a VFT, sundew or ping inside!

Rich Ellis, Boulder, CO "ricell@juno.com"
http://www.geocities.com/RainForest/Vines/8564/

or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]