Re: weird science

From: Marc I. Burack (marcb@companionfinancial.com)
Date: Tue Oct 27 1998 - 06:00:07 PST

Date: Tue, 27 Oct 1998 09:00:07 -0500
From: "Marc I. Burack" <marcb@companionfinancial.com>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: Re: weird science

Dear David,

I only did not mention the product because my original message was quite
lengthy.

It is a product that had been called Nitrozyme and the company recently
renamed it "CytoSpray". It is not necessarily "new" but I have certainly
never heard of it used on cp's and it is apparently extremely potent on
"regular" plants.

The update as of this point is that the Neps that I sprayed it on have NOT
shown any damage whatsoever and I did use the manufacturers full strength
dosing. The D. capensis that I sprayed it on did not fare as well.
Although the "leaves" are not totally burnt, the dew droplets have
disappeared and not returned in 24 hours. (The Drosera looks pretty
bad-maybe time for some root cuttings).

I am certainly hopefull that there will be some "terrific" effect from this
product although I am so "down" on stimulants and fertilizers, because I
feel that they just generally dont do a thing for cp's. I hope this turns
out to be a surprise.

The only downside to this product is that it is not particularly pleasant
to work with. Out of the bottle it is like thick brown sludge that stinks
to high hevean. In addition, you cannot store it in its mixed form because
since it is increadibly bioactive, in a short time (24-48 hours) it
actually becomes rancid and apparantly gets funkier than anyone would ever
want to deal with. Luckily when it is initially mixed with water it has no
smell at all, and after spraying it on the plants it did not have any
residual smell.

I was told that effect could be seen in 7-14 days and I will keep all
informed.

Marc I. Burack
marcb@companionfinancial.com