Re: U. Quelchii

From: Gilles LARDY (g.lardy@faiveley-fareast.com)
Date: Wed Nov 04 1998 - 19:16:22 PST

Date: Thu, 5 Nov 1998 11:16:22 +0800
From: "Gilles LARDY" <g.lardy@faiveley-fareast.com>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: Re: U. Quelchii

>I'm Andrea,an italian member of ICPS and I would like to buy U.Quelchii.
>Please contact me,this plant will be my happyness !!
>Thanks to all.
>Andrea
>a.amici@alinet.it

Hi Andrea and to all U. quelchii admirers,

I understand your enthousiasm regarding this beautiful plant, but as it so
often happens in the CP world, beauties are the most difficult to fulfill
regarding their growing conditions.
I have experienced U. quelchii, and managed to keep it going during 5 months
(winter) before its ten leaves slowly began to vanish one after the other.
It produced tubers which never recovered as well.
Anyway if my experience did not make you give up the idea of giving it a try
(I hope not, I would really want to see somebody finding the proper growing
conditions for this plant), you can buy it from a French CP growing company
"Nature et Paysage" which, as far as I remember, sells it for about 350 FFr
(quite expensive).
You might find their address and everything on one of the pages on the net..

Good luck

Gilles