A GREAT NEW FREE WAY TO TALK TO YOUR CP PEERS ! ! !

From: John Collingsworth (collingsworth@email.msn.com)
Date: Sun Nov 08 1998 - 01:22:40 PST

Date: Sun, 8 Nov 1998 01:22:40 -0800
From: "John Collingsworth" <collingsworth@email.msn.com>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: A GREAT NEW FREE WAY TO TALK TO YOUR CP PEERS  ! ! !

Hey members,
       First of all, I would like to thank Tim Malcolm for stopping by the
new little known carnivorous plant IRC channel. I was a little disappointed
in the interest in using IRC, but luckily I'm persistent. So I'm back to
plug IRC. Its really a great program. Its international and it doesn't
matter what Internet server you use. For example AOL chat rooms are limited
to people with AOL, IRC is open to everyone. It allows people to talk
instantly. It would be great for making trades. Two people could agree to
meet at some set time and could make a deal immediately without waiting for
E-mail responses. We could also set meetings for the carnivorous plant
community and have an international CP meeting every week. It would also be
great just to be able to sign on and strike up a conversation with a fellow
grower. AND ITS FREE ! You can download it at www.mirc.com if you have a PC;
or at www.ircle.com if you have a Mac. Its really very easy to install. And
if you have any trouble you can E-mail me and I'll help you out. Once you
have installed it, use an undernet server to connect to IRC. You can change
servers by going to "File" in the menu bar before you connect and then go to
"setup" under file and pick out an undernet server from the list. Then, once
connected, go to "commands" in the menu bar and go to "join channel" under
"commands" and type in "Cpgrowers". Thetas all it takes and then you can
talk to growers from all around the world instantly. I don't think this
could ever replace our current system of communication ( e-mail), I just
think it could be a fantastic new addition. I will be online all week after
9 PM pacific standard time until about 12 regularly. I will also be on other
times. Once we get a little more interest we can arrange a meeting time.
Please just give this a try. It just takes a little time. If you don't like
it you can always delete it. I truly hope to see some of you there as I love
to speak with other growers about any topic.

                Good Growing,
                                Damon Collingsworth