Re: S. leuco. "Schnell's Ghost , yellow flower"

From: John Green (HPJGREEN@ihc.com)
Date: Tue Nov 17 1998 - 09:22:06 PST

Date: Tue, 17 Nov 1998 10:22:06 -0700
From: "John Green" <HPJGREEN@ihc.com>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: Re: S. leuco. "Schnell's Ghost , yellow flower"

>Perhaps this is another candidate to be named officially as a >cultivar =
along with the numerous cultvars created by Adrian >Slack which I believe =
are currently being prepared for >publication.

>The name mentioned is not registered, nor has any application=20
>reached the ICPS (the CP IRA since recently) so far, nor did I >see any =
publication mentioning that name (please communicate >a reference to me if =
anyone has seen such a publication).

I think I've seen it with a photo in "The Savage Garden" but I don't know =
if that counts as a "publication" or not. I guess I'd always assumed it =
was an anthocyanin-free form of the typical leuco.
Just out of curiosity, has anyone ever crossed the yellow-flowered leuco =
with the typical red-flowered leuco? Do you get orange-flowered plants =
that have mostly typical leuco pitchers?

John Green
Salt Lake City=20
(any other Wasatch Front cp growers out there?)