Re:Home Depot Nepenthes

From: Richard Brown (esoft@ix.netcom.com)
Date: Thu Nov 26 1998 - 12:15:16 PST

Date: Thu, 26 Nov 1998 15:15:16 -0500
From: "Richard Brown" <esoft@ix.netcom.com>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: Re:Home Depot Nepenthes

>I have a question about the "Home Depot" nepenthes. I would like to find out
>how to grow it..It seems when ever I buy one of them, it dies. I read
>different books about nepenthes, but I cant find enough information.

Jorel,

All three clones found at Home Depot are vigorous growers under tropical
lowland conditions. Try warm, very humid days, 15 degree F. night temp drop
is ideal( a low of 60 F and a high of 85 F), clean ( no chlorine, few
dissolved minerals) water, and filtered sunlight. I grow all my Neps under
65 % shadecloth. I will assume the plants are in hanging plastic pots and
potted in a spag peat/perlite mix. This is fine. Don't let them get dry.
Keep the mix moist, but not constantly sopping wet. That's about it!

Good growing,

Trent Meeks
Pompano Beach, Florida