Re: Ruminations on Fertilising Nepenthes

From: Nigel Hurneyman (NHURNEYM@UK.oracle.com)
Date: Thu Dec 03 1998 - 07:04:34 PST

Date: 03 Dec 98 15:04:34 +0000
From: "Nigel Hurneyman" <NHURNEYM@UK.oracle.com>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: Re: Ruminations on Fertilising Nepenthes

Hi Perry,

I have a spray gun permanently loaded with very weak Miracid, which
I use when rainwater would have been ok or when the plants need a
little kick. I didn't think Miracid would affect Nitrogen levels - I thought
it was contained a few essential trace elements and iron supplement
in an acidic solution. If it does contain Nitrogen supplements, that
would make it unsuitable for a large number of CPs (depending on your
views on the CP fertilisation controversy).

Regards, Nigel