Re: (no subject)

From: stephend@ricochet.net
Date: Mon Dec 14 1998 - 17:43:37 PST

Date: Mon, 14 Dec 1998 17:43:37 -0800
From: stephend@ricochet.net (stephend@ricochet.net)
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: Re: (no subject)

Cire,

:1) Are Venus's flytraps dormant right now?

Yes, Virginia, there is a Venus Fly Trap in that soggy, muddy pot. You've
just gotta believe! :-) (Please forgive the Holiday humor. I'm in good
spirits, even though I haven't had any lately. Spirits that is.) VFT's in
the northern hemispher should now be dormant. What that means depends on
how cold it is. In San Jose, CA, where I live, they just aren't doing much,
have a few more black traps than normal, and aren't replacing them. In some
areas I understand the leaves can die back entirely. Someone please correct
me if I'm wrong. Check out the CP FAQ. http://www.sarracenia.com/faq.html
There is a great section on VFT's.

:2) Are terrestrial bladderworts the aquatic ones?

Terrestrial means earth, so, no, they are growing in soil. I've got tons of
different ones that seem to come in with nearly every plant I get, not that
I have a lot, mind you. They sure have a pretty flower though. Again, check
out the FAQ.

I hope that helps!

Stephen Davis

Stephen Davis