Drosera arcturi froze

From: Jan Flisek (jan.flisek.fei@vsb.cz)
Date: Mon Dec 21 1998 - 01:14:27 PST

Date: Mon, 21 Dec 1998 10:14:27 +0100
From: "Jan Flisek" <jan.flisek.fei@vsb.cz>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: Drosera arcturi  froze

Hi all,

I live in a middle Europe, in elevation 400m. It began frozing
(-5C to -15C) and snowing here month ago. Now, when the weather
is warmer (5C to 10C)I found out that the all of Drosera arcturi
( one plant 5 cm in diam. and a lot of seedlings ) froze. They
were under the snow (about 20cm)all the time. There were the
Pinguicula grandiflora, P.vulgaris, Drosera anglica near and
they are still OK. Even the S.purpurea x leucophylla is also
alive. The D.arcturii were in a very good condition during the
summer. I don't understand why. On natural sites of D.arcturi in
New Zealand freeze too. Can you give me some advice, please.

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year

Jan Flisek
Czech Republic