Lowe's CPs

From: Eric D. Singer (edsinger@mindspring.com)
Date: Wed Dec 30 1998 - 06:22:49 PST

Date: Wed, 30 Dec 1998 09:22:49 -0500
From: "Eric D. Singer" <edsinger@mindspring.com>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: Lowe's CPs

Yesterday I went to Lowe's (a Home Depot clone) to get some pots for my new
tank. After collecting everything I needed I found a tray that contained
what initially looked like VFTs. I closer examination revealed a tray of
VFT, D. intermedia, D. adelae and Nepenthes. These plants were all in
small pots with a clear plastic cup for a top. There was no real reference
on the plants as to what company that sold them and all were labeled with a
brand called "Little Pot of Horrors". All the Drosera were labeled Sundews
and the Nepenthes were labeled madagascan Nepenthes.
The Nepenthes were additionally labeled as Tissue Cultured plants. The
plants are being sold as $3.50 each and I bought a D. adelae and a Nepenthes.

Now my question is what species of Nepenthes this is. It has a close to
the ground rosette of leafs (very little to no stalk), the tiny pitchers on
this plant are of what I'd call a very common shape for a Nepenthes pitcher
and the most interesting thing about this plant is the connection of the
pitchers to the leafs. There is a lack of a tendril. The pitchers (Which
it has 5 of) are forming at the end of the leaf and are showing absolutely
no indication of a tendril. The entire plant is a basic light green color
of which I'm hoping to change with the addition of better lighting.

Thanks in Advance,

Eric Singer