American Express Travellers Cheques

From: Paul Temple (Paultemple@ecologycal.demon.co.uk)
Date: Fri Jan 15 1999 - 14:20:32 PST

Date: Fri, 15 Jan 1999 22:20:32 +0000
From: Paul Temple <Paultemple@ecologycal.demon.co.uk>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: American Express Travellers Cheques

Well spotted John.

I paid for tons of backissues and membership using American Express
Travellers Cheques. They are THE international currency accepted
anywhere except Cuba (I tried!). They are automatically insured )for
free) if signed on receipt (at issueing bank or AMEX branch) and useable
like cash in the US, accepted in all banks.

Don't see why ICPS will have changed their practice of accepting them.
Much cheaper than all other ways available in Europe, short of getting
help from very friendly Germans willing to administrate on behalf of
others (how impressive)!

Chau

Paul