Re: Pinguicula luscitanica and P. moranensis

From: Chris Teichreb (cjteichr@sfu.ca)
Date: Fri Jan 22 1999 - 09:29:53 PST

Date: Fri, 22 Jan 1999 09:29:53 -0800 (PST)
From: Chris Teichreb <cjteichr@sfu.ca>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: Re: Pinguicula luscitanica and P. moranensis

Hi David,

> One of the things that's bothering me is that the plants are maybe 1 cm in
> diameter. Is this the right size for luscitanica? They have never formed
> winter buds (Should they?), and the leaves have always seemed to be very
> curled.

        I've got mine under growlights and they are only about 1-2 cm in
diameter as well with very curled leaves. They've produced flowers and
seed which germinated quickly once planted, so I assume everything I'm
doing must be right. I don't think they ever form winter resting buds,
most growers treat them as annuals, although they supposedly will survive
brief freezing.

Happy growing,

Chris

Chris Teichreb