Sarracenia x catesbaei

From: Sam Vanderstraeten (samvds@hotmail.com)
Date: Fri Jan 29 1999 - 03:40:16 PST

Date: Fri, 29 Jan 1999 03:40:16 PST
From: "Sam Vanderstraeten" <samvds@hotmail.com>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: Sarracenia x catesbaei

Dear CP-ers,

I'm a CP-enthusiast for 5 years and my favourite plants are (beside
Ibicella lutea, that isn't a carnivorous plant) Sarracenia. I have all
sorts of Sarracenia and also a lot of hybrids. I also have Sarracenia x
catesbaei, but mine have hoods that are standing up. I saw a picture in
"Letts Guide to Carnivorous Plants of the World" from "Gordon Cheers" on
page "x" with a Sarracenia x catesbaei with hoods that are lying down.
You can see that phenomenon very good on the pitcher in front of that
picture. Is that phenomenon accidental or is that an other form of
Sarracenia x catesbaei? If it is an other form of that plant, I would
like to know where I can find seeds or plants.
If somebody knows more about that form, please answer me...

Thanks...
Sam Vanderstraeten