An Introducion/ reintroduction

From: Davidogray@aol.com
Date: Sun Feb 07 1999 - 12:12:23 PST

Date: Sun, 7 Feb 1999 15:12:23 EST
From: Davidogray@aol.com
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: An Introducion/ reintroduction

Hello to everyone, my name is David O'Hollaren Gray and I am happy to be back
after a two year hiatus. I'm 39, live in San Francisco and have had a life-
long interest in natural history -- my first words were 'pretty flower' ( it
was a Cattleya ). I have grown CP since the age of 12, but unlike almost
everyone else, I think my first plant was a Darlingtonia which is common
enough in my native Oregon. I after gathering and dispersing a large
collection a couple of times, I have now decided to develop my serious
interest in Nepenthes. I have a B.S. in Horticulture and experience with a
wide variety of exotic and hardy plants; I have also served on the boards of
plant societies and organizations in Oregon.
But more to the purpose here; I have been doing what I can to help organize
the ICPS Conference 2000 in San Francisco. Those interested in attending the
organizing meeting to be held Sat. Feb. 13 at !:00 p.m. at the Berkeley
Botanical Garden meeting rooms should e-mail me for an agenda ( if you didn't
already get one ). We will certainly post a brief report from that meeting,
here and I hope to update the conference web page soon after. We have lots of
great new ideas for this conference, So I hope you will all keep the latter
part of May 2000 or late June free.
Enough of the sermon, I really am exited about the way my Nepenthes are
responding to my "growth chamber"; the foliage color and trap production is
magnificent ( if I do say so myself ). I grow mostly highland hybrids ( ! )
and h/l species with an eye to eventually developing hybrids that might be
suitable as a "windowsill Nepenthes".
I welcome e-mail correspondence on any of these topics
Thanks, good growing, and
Cheers,
David O. Gray davidogray@aol.com