Web Ring

From: Barry Meyers-Rice (bamrice@ucdavis.edu)
Date: Sun Feb 07 1999 - 16:51:07 PST

Date: Sun, 7 Feb 1999 16:51:07 -0800 (PST)
From: Barry Meyers-Rice <bamrice@ucdavis.edu>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: Web Ring

Hey folks,

I'm really pleased to see the interest in the Web Ring! Already within
just a few days we have a functioning ring of sites. More people apply
every day!

We have not formulated a precise set of requirements that a web site must
have in order to be approved for the web ring. However, there are a few
general guidelines for you web masters to remember when submitting a site.

1)Make sure the page you want to link to the web ring is your CP page. We
all have other interests, but those aren't really relevent to the *CP* web
ring. You can always have a link on your CP page to "More about me", that
the surfer can follow to find out about those interests you have in
aerial kite photography, etc etc. But don't register your home site with
the Web Ring if surfers would have to follow a link or two to get to the
real CP area!

2)Pages filled mostly with promises of content to come aren't quite up
to standard either. Get that site ready *before* submitting it to the
web ring.

3)Polish that site! Remove broken links, try to clean up the spelling,
and have a nonconfusing navigational structure.

We aren't trying to snub anyone with the web ring, rather we want to keep
a high standard to make it a great surfing experience for everyone
concerned!

Get that site ready, and submit it to the Ring!!!

Cheers

Barry

Dr. Barry A. Meyers-Rice
Carnivorous Plant Newsletter