Re: 3 Q's: gemmae, seedlings and hybrids

From: John Green (HPJGREEN@ihc.com)
Date: Mon Feb 08 1999 - 12:23:49 PST

Date: Mon, 08 Feb 1999 13:23:49 -0700
From: "John Green" <HPJGREEN@ihc.com>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: Re: 3 Q's: gemmae, seedlings and hybrids

Thanks for all the helpful comments regarding my original posting. I
understand now why some of the gemmae I received a week ago (thanks
Kamil) were already growing (I'm not complaining!)

As for the Sarracenia seedlings, I wish I were having as much success
as some of you. I tried a bunch last year and only have two Red-tube
flavas that are still surviving. I think my troubles may have more to
do with the harsh, dry climate here than anything else. I'll try
pushing the seeds into the soil just a bit as Phil Wilson suggested, but
I wonder; do the seeds need light to germinate?

Thanks again,

John Green
Salt Lake City, Utah